Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2014

Greek Style Zucchini Salad


This salad is great for the summer. Fresh and light. An ideal side dish for a barbecue. And you can make it the day before, so you have less stress.

I even called my mom to give her the recipe. Cause I know it's something she and my dad would like and they have lots of zucchinis growing in their garden.
The call was actually kinda funny. My mom wanted to try it out immediately. And was upset cause she didn't have any lemons.
"And dad was just grocery shopping. If I had known. Than I could make it now!" ... "If I just had lemons." ... and it went like that for a few minutes. And then "Mom do you have scallions?" "No." "The cheese?" "No." "So, you actually only have the zucchini."

I doubled the quantity. Cause I only had big zucchinis from my parents garden. I didn't want to leave a cut piece. But really it's not so much, particularly if you make it for a barbecue.

_____________________________________________________

Greek Style Zucchini Salad

Salad Ingredients

500 g zucchini
2 tbsp chives
2 tbsp dill
1/2 tsp mint, dry
2 scallions
250 g feta
2 tsp salt

1. Wash and dab the zucchini dry.
2. Grate the zucchini. Don't make it to fine.
3. Put the zucchini in a colander. Salt it and leave it for at least 20 minutes.
4. Carefully squeeze out the excess water and put the zucchini into a bowl.
5. Wash and dry the chives. Cut them into thin slices. Add the chives to the zucchini.
6. Mince the dill. Add it to the zucchini.
7. Wash and dab the scallions dry. Cut them into slices and add them to the zucchini.
8. Crumble the feta and add them to the zucchini.
9. Add the mint.
10. Carefully mix everything together.

Dressing

2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lemon, juice and zest
3 garlic cloves
pepper

1. Press out the garlic cloves.
2. Combine the oil, the juice, the zest and the garlic in a small bowl.
3. Season with pepper.

To Assemble

salt

1. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix everything together.
2. If necessary add some more salt.
3. Allow the salad to infuse in the fridge for at least a few hours, better over night.

Bon appétit!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen