Samstag, 31. Mai 2014

Raspberry Lemon Petit Fours


I cut the whole Raspberry-Lemon-Sheet into squares. And now I'm calling them Petit fours.
It's the best size. Four bites and you're through.

The raspberry dough has a beautiful color and just the right tartness. But what I liked best, is the shortcrust pastry. It's unexpectedly airy and wonderfully crispy.

I'm planig to take the recipe apart and to use the separate parts for some cakes I have in mind.

I doubled the original recipe. Mainly because the only rectangular backing sheet I have is roughly twice as big as the one stated. Of course I could have used a normal baking pan, but then I would have to many clippings.
I just put about half of the Petit fours in the freezer. For the next time, when there is a goodies-emergency. And those come again and again.


I also made a lemon-poppy curd. But it didn't really go with the Petit fours. So I excluded that recipe.
I did't like the taste the butter gave the curd. On the plus side, now I have the perfect means to moisten a cake. I just leave out the butter. And the poppyseed, cause it ruins the beautiful bright yellow color. But that's for another time.

_____________________________________________________

Raspberry Lemon Petit fours

Shortcrust Pastry

250 g butter, soft
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp vanilla aroma
16 g vanilla sugar
1/4 tsp salt

1. Line the baking sheet with baking parchment.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
3. Put the butter and the sugar in a bowl and mix it with a hand mixer until it's light and creamy.
4. Add vanilla aroma, the vanilla sugar and the salt and sift in the flour. Use a dough hook to mix everything together. Be careful not to over mix.
5. Put the dough into the prepared baking sheet and press it out evenly.
6. Bake it for 20-25 minutes. It should have a golden brown color.
7. Take the sheet out and let it cool down for a while.

Raspberry Dough

5 cups raspberrys, frozen
2 cups sugar
1 1/3 cups lemon juice,freshly squeezed
6 tbsp lemon zest
6 egg whites
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt

1. Let the raspberrys thaw.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
3. Grate the lemon and gather the zest. Squeeze out the lemon juice and put it aside for later.
4. Press the raspberry through a fine sieve. Try to get out as much raspberry mash as you can.
5. Add the sugar, the lemon juice, the zest, the egg whites, the eggs, the flour and the salt to the mash. Mix it with a whisk.
6. Pour the mixture over the shortcrust pastry.
7. Bake it for 30-35 minutes.
8. Let the raspberry-lemon-sheet cool down to room temperature. Take the raspberry sheet out of the baking pan.
9. Store it for at least 3-4 hours in the fridge before you serve it.
10. Cut the sheet into small squares.

I used a 35 x 26 cm big baking sheet.

Bon appétit!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen