Sonntag, 1. März 2015

Marble Cheesecake


This is one of the cakes I made for my fathers birthday. I combined three different cheesecake recipes and changed them up a lot.
I thought it was ok, but I'm generally not that big a fan of cheesecakes. But my father likes them so I made one anyway. Everyone else thought it was good, so I count it as a win. Only my mom complaind a little, because she didn't like the chocolate cheesecake. She prefers her baked good chocolate free. I don't get it.

I didn't want to make the bottom out of cookie crumbs. That's so boring and not one of my favorite pastries. I searched around a little and found this brownie bottom. It paid off. It was my favorite part.

I used a square form. Mostly because the other cake I made was round and I wanted something different. But I will write the recipe for a round form. The only difference is how you prepare the baking pan anyway.

You can't eat all that much of it. The cream cheese makes it rather heavy. But maybe it's better this way.

_____________________________________________________

Marble Cheesecake

Brownie Dough

85 g butter
85 g chocolate, bittersweet
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup flour

1. Use a round baking pan, but leave out the bottom. Grease the sides with butter.
2. Put baking parchment on a baking sheet. Place the ring of the baking pan in the middle. Press the sides of the parchment to the outside of the ring.
3. Cut of a strip of baking parchment, it should be as high as the ring. Place it on the inside of the pan.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
5. Put the butter and the chocolate in a sauce pan and melt it on low. Stir constantly.
6. Put the sugar in a bowl. Take the pan of the stove and add the chocolate to the sugar. Mix it together.
7. Leave it to cool down for about 5 minutes.
8. Add the milk and the eggs. Use a hand mixer on medium speed to mix everything together.
9. Stir in the flour.
10. Spreed the dough into the prepared baking pan.
11. Bake for 25 minutes.

Light Batter

880 g cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs

1. Soften the cream cheese.
2. Add the sugar, the flour, the sour cream and the vanilla extract and mix it together.
3. Add the eggs individually and blend them in.

Chocolate Batter 

50 g chocolate, bittersweet
100 g cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg

1. Chop the chocolate roughly.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
3. Soften the cream cheese.
4. Add the sugar and mix it in.
5. Add the salt, the sour cream and the vanilla extract and blend everything together.
6. Add the egg and mix it in with a hand mixer on low speed. Don't over mix.
7. Add the chocolate and mix it in.

To Assemble

1. Pre-heat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
2. Put blobs of the two different batters on the brownie dough.
3. Pass a fork through the batter to create a marble effect. Don't overdo it or you only get light brown batter.
4. Bake the cake for 45 minutes.
5. Reduce the heat to 165°C/325°F.
6. Bake for another 60-70 minutes.
7. Shut down the oven. Leave the cake for about 1 hour in the oven with a tilted door.
8. Put the cake on a cooling rack and leave it to cool down completely.
9. Put the it in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
10. Detach the baking pan and parchment before you serve the cheesecake.

Bon appétit!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen